Everybody's Reading Festival 2012
and many, many more...
This year's Everybody's Reading Festival runs from September 29th to 8th October. It includes more children's events this year as well as exciting events out in local communities. Full details of the festival are available on the website (see above).
A copy of the printed programme has been sent to each NUT Representative.
Additional copies are available from libraries or email juliet.martinsdsa.net
NUT's event this year commemorates the introduction of 'Payment by Results' 150 years ago. "IF IT ISN'T EFFICIENT, IT WILL BE CHEAP" is being held at the Exchange Bar, opposite Curve Theatre on 2nd October from 7.00 - 11.00pm. It features poets Pam Thompson and Jess Green plus music from Banjaxed and Coverlist. Admission is FREE. In addition those who get a ticket at least a fortnight in advance will receive a FREE book from a choice of five with a special 'Everybody's Reading' bookplate inside.
The books choices are: Les Miserables; Great Expectations; Christina Rosetti's poems; Alice's Adventures in Wonderland; and Emily Dickinson's Poems. To order your ticket email peterleicesternut.org.uk
Only ONE book per person.
Other Trade Union oriented delights are:
• Alice Hawkins - The Leicester Suffragette. 7.00 - 9.00pm, Secular Hall Weds 3rd. Film, a talk by her great grandson and songs from Red Leicester Choir. FREE entry. Free Wine and juice reception at 7.00pm if you pre-book on 'Alice Hawkins Suffragette' on Facebook.
• The Dirty Thirty - The Film. Premiere of the film of the striking Leicestershire Miners in 1984/5. 6.30 for a prompt 7.00pm start. Friday 5th October, Phoenix Square. Plus contributions from author David Bell, former miner Darren Moore and songs from Red Leicester. Tickets £3 from peterleicesternut.org.uk or from the 'Dirty Thirty - the Movie' Facebook page.
Look out too for:
• Three Little Pigs at Gorse Hill City Farm on Saturday 29th September from 10.00am - 4.00pm
• Finding Neverland The Musical Community Read at Curve Foyer Stage nightly from 29th September. 6.00 - 7.00pm
• Written on Water, A celebration of Aylestone Meadows at the Nature Reserve from 10.00 - 4.00pm on Saturday 29th September